Qualifying Sikhs for a concealed weapon permit

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Friday, August 31, 2012, 00:02 (4249 days ago)

Yesterday I completed the training course for Handgun safety in order to qualify for a concealed weapon permit. Next week I have an appointment with the Sutter County Sheriff's office where I will submit the application for the license to carry a concealed handgun. All California residents can apply and download the application at: http://suttersheriff.org/div/support/ccw.aspx

[image]

I will warn you that if you live in San Francisco and a few other anti-gun counties of California, you will need to give good reasons for carrying a concealed handgun. I have written the following on my application which I think are legitimate reasons for Sikhs to be allowed to carry a concealed firearm. "My wife and I are members of the Sikh faith and we wear distinctive turbans as articles of our faith. In August 2012 there was a murderous shooting in Wisconsin where a man with white supremacist leanings, walked into a Sikh temple and shot dead, 6 Sikhs while they were praying. I have also been threatened in the past with bodily harm because of my religious dress. There have been many other reports of Sikhs being attacked and killed because of our religious beliefs and looks. Therefore I believe there is probable cause that I or members of my family and Sikh community will be attacked again and I want to be prepared. I want to be permitted to carry a concealed firearm so I can defend myself and other Sikhs who may be attacked with lethal force."

Complete thread: