ToGuru Fatha Singh Khalsa:Dr. Trilochan Singh's creditbility

by Guru Sant S., Sunday, April 04, 2010, 07:09 (5108 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Monday, June 13, 2011, 09:01

Dr. Trilochan Singh's creditbility posted on WikiPedia article about Yogi Bhajan

Please check these links for references and credible evidence of Dr. Trilochan Singh's prominence as a Sikh scholar:

Dr. Trilochan Singh wrote 27 articles on Sikh history and philosophy for the respected "The Sikh Review" established in 1953. Dr. Trilochan Singh was in fact was one of the founding editors of The Sikh Review.

The Sikh Review, is published by 'The Sikh Cultural Center, Calcutta', and was founded in the summer of 1953 by a small group of dedicated scholars and devout Sikhs. Among them were: Sr. Raghbir Singh Bir, Capt. Bhag Singh, Mrs. Kuldip H. Singh (all deceased), later joined by Sr. Mohan Singh Kalra, Dr. Hari Singh Bindra, '''Dr. Trilochan Singh,''' D.Litt., Bhai Sahib Sardar Kapur Singh, ICS and Sr. Kulraj Singh, IRS (also deceased).

Please check these links for references and credible evidence of Dr. Trilochan Singh's prominence as a Sikh scholar: <span style="font-size: smaller;" class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[Special:Contributions/82.44.182.82|82.44.182.82]] ([[User talk:82.44.182.82|talk]]) 19:18, 3 April 2010 (UTC)</span><!-- Template:UnsignedIP --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Gurdwara_Reform_Movement
During the Gurdwara Reform Movement, the Sikh leaders started a publication that was named Akali. From this paper and its policy the leaders began to be called Akalis, in view of which they formed the present Akali party. These Nihang Akalis should not be confused with the members of the Akali party.’ The Turban And The Sword’' , by Dr. Trilochan Singh. (Page 402
http://www.patshahi10.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=262:the-history-and-compilation-of-the-dasm-granth-part-1-dr-trilochan-singh&catid=34:english&Itemid=63
The History and Compilation of the Dasm Granth (Part 1) - Dr. Trilochan Singh
http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications/amritkihain/
Amrit Ki Hain - The Meaning of Sikh Baptism
by Bhai Randheer Singh
(translation by Dr. Trilochan Singh) <span style="font-size: smaller;" class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[Special:Contributions/82.44.182.82|82.44.182.82]] ([[User talk:82.44.182.82|talk]]) 05:37, 3 April 2010 (UTC)</span><!-- Template:UnsignedIP --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=MzDtlI7p5qkC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=dr+trilochan+singh&source=bl&ots=3GxTkXJoeP&sig=Q1xnlQMZOLT0QVSrNAAEoYH-WDU&hl=en&ei=dNK2S9aXMKG80gSO1aU1&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CCkQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=dr%20trilochan%20singh&f=false
Guru Sant Singh <span style="font-size: smaller;" class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[Special:Contributions/82.44.182.82|82.44.182.82]] ([[User talk:82.44.182.82|talk]]) 06:35, 3 April 2010 (UTC)</span><!-- Template:UnsignedIP --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->

continued on post reply

See more photos and discussion on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=108156&id=1214270541&l=5a22781e63

“Amid the legal infighting following Yogi Bhajan’s death, critics are offering another portrait of the Sikh leader.”
[image]

by Guru Sant S, Sunday, April 04, 2010, 07:16 (5108 days ago) @ Guru Sant S.

Concerning Dr. Trilochan Singh and Yogi Bhajan

To: Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa; you have obviously never talked to traditional Punjabi Sikhs about Dr. Trilochan Singh. Dr Trilochan Singh is a very well respected writer of Sikh history and religion. Search google and you'll find his writings at many traditional Sikh websites and read his entire book "Sikhism and Tantric Yoga" at Gurmukhyoga.com. My Punjabi Gursikh wife has high regard for Dr. Trilochan Singh. She is from the same home town in Ludhiana Punjab as he is. She read Dr. Trilochan Singh's biography of Bai Sahib Randheer Singh when she was a child and it inspired her greatly. I think you need to do more research on the values and practices of Yogi Harbhajan if you’re writing his biography. To begin with YB's surname is Puri and my wife instantly said when I told her this, "oh he is a mona Punjabi" these families are more Hindu than Sikh. If you google Puri you'll find that the Puri families are staunch Hindus. I think you'll find YB was really more of a Hindu than a Sikh. If you also search on Gurmukhyoga.com you'll find a post with pictures of Hindu gods in and around 3-HO Gurdwaras and prominently displayed at Siri Singh Sahib's (Yogi Bhajan's) estate. I spent two years in India recently and no one I met in Amritsar or the Punjab respected Yogi Harbhajan as a Sikh or even as a Yogi for that matter. Gurcharan Singh Tohra, ex president of the SGPC who you say supported YB, was nothing more than a crooked politician. I met the man in 1983 and he could hardly speak a word of English. I think any support he gave YB was because he saw all these white people supposedly converting to Sikhi but he didn't have the capacity or desire to understand what was really going on with all the sacrilegious tantric and hindu practices of Yogi Harbhajan. Gurcharan Singh Tohra was also completely disgraced during the blue star operation when he came out of the Darbar Sahib with his hands held up and surrendered to Indira Ghandi’s hooligans who attacked the Golden Temple. I am putting back sections about Dr. Trilochan Singh as it adds some balance and truth to this article on Yogi Bhajan.[[User:Guru Sant Singh|Guru Sant Singh]] ([[User talk:Guru Sant Singh|talk]]) 14:43, 21 March 2010 (UTC) <span style="font-size: smaller;" class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[Special:Contributions/82.44.182.82|82.44.182.82]] ([[User talk:82.44.182.82|talk]]) </span><!-- Template:UnsignedIP --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->

Dear Guru Sant Singh -

I know plenty about Trilochan Singh. I read his slander about Yogi Bhajan years ago. I also noticed that the man was so riled about Yogi Bhajan's work that he ended up re-writing his biography of Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh to edit out any reference to yoga. This is not scholarly conduct. This is polemics. I will take my Sikh studies from Yogi Bhajan and Siri Guru Granth Sahib and Bhai Gurdas over your wife's and Tirlochan Singh's slanderous opinions any day.~~ <small><span class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[User:Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa|Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa]] ([[User talk:Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa|contribs]]) 00:39, 4 April 2010 (UTC)</span></small><!-- Template:Unsigned --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->

ToGuru Fatha Singh Khalsa:Yogi Bhajan's corrupt Tantric yoga

by Guru Sant S, Sunday, April 04, 2010, 07:23 (5108 days ago) @ Guru Sant S

To: Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa

If Dr. Trilochan Singh has no credibility, in your opinion, then why is he referred to several times as a Sikh historian and scholar in articles on SikhiWiki which is of course a 3HO website and one you have yourself promoted? Why have you never posted Dr. Trilochan Singh's opposing views in this article about Yogi Bhajan when it is clear that Dr. Trilochan Singh is a respected scholar of Sikh history? I was around Yogi Bhajan for 30 years. I lived 100 yards from his residence in New Mexico and worked with Yogi Bhajan on many business deals and served as a sevadar at Guru Ram Das Ashram from 1981 to 1984 where I was in close contact with YB and witnessed his corrupt activities. YB in fact sold me one of his houses in 1992 and I lived there for 17 years. I discovered “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” during my two years in India. Why was “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” hid from us by Yogi Bhajan? Dr. Trilochan Singh's book has been a real eye-opener for me to say the least and makes complete sense when I think about the last thirty years of my life with Yogi Bhajan. I suggest you read it again carefully and I think you will see that all the problems happening right now in 3HO are a direct result of Yogi Bhajan's corrupt Tantric yoga practices. [http://www.gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=1]Link to entire book.

Signed Guru Sant Singh <span style="font-size: smaller;" class="autosigned">—Preceding [[Wikipedia:Signatures|unsigned]] comment added by [[Special:Contributions/82.44.182.82|82.44.182.82]] ([[User talk:82.44.182.82|talk]]) 06:49, 4 April 2010 (UTC)</span><!-- Template:UnsignedIP --> <!--Autosigned by SineBot-->

by Dilip Singh @, Punjaab, Saturday, April 10, 2010, 17:10 (5102 days ago) @ Guru Sant S.

Gursant Bhai Sahib,

Please ignore the likes of Gurfateh YOGI and focus on Naam-simran instead.Here`s a beautiful incident of another raen-sabai:

The Devi, the Madrasi & Dussehraa Smaagam
Adapted from article by Bhai Raam Singh jee, Sooraa, March 1989
Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

A memorable story from the 1975 Dussehra Smaagam in Delhi:

A resident of Madras was a devotee of the Devi (Goddess). From his childhood according to his family traditions, he had always worshiped the Devi. The Devi became pleased at this loving devotion and worship and then gave him her Darshan (vision) not once but on many occasions. The devotee in his mind was very happy that his worship was successful and the Devi also provided him guidance in all his worldly works. She would stop him from doing any unsuccessful worldly business and guide him towards success.

Quite a while passed in this state and the devotee asked the goddess to grant him liberation from the cycle of births and deaths. The Devi replied "This is not in my control." Hearing this, the devotee became disappointed. What did he know that

" ਦੇਵੀਆਨਹੀਜਾਨੈਮਰਮ ॥ ਸਭਊਪਰਿਅਲਖਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ॥੨॥ " (p. 894)

The devotee then said to the Devi, "Where can I find liberation then?" The Devi replied, "When you transfer from this place to another, someone there will give you the lead in this regard. By listening to his instructions you will get what you want. You will also have to change your religion."

After some time, the devotee was transferred to Vijiaavaadaa City and upon arriving there, he became eager to know who would lead him, as had been prophesied. One day, a very special Sikh (Heeraa/diamond) of Guru Dashmeesh Jee was doing nitnem. When the BaaNee entered the ears of this Madrasi brother, he felt as if a light current of electricity had passed through his body. He thought to himself, "This has never happened to me before? What has happened here? Is it possible that this Sardar is to be my leader?" He had this thought in his heart when he went to the Singh and asked "Forgive me, what are you reciting? This has given me a buzz through my entire body." The Singh then explained that he was reading the BaaNee of Guru Nanak Dev jee.

The Madrasi brother told the Singh about his experience with the Devi and asked "Can you lead me to the path of liberation?" The Singh replied "You've come to the right place. Liberation (Muktee) can only come from Guru Nanak Saahib. For this, you will have to receive amrit with your wife and become a Singh. By the time the Amrit Sinchaar time comes, prepare yourself by learning Gurmukhee and reading BaaNee"

This was all the Madrasi had been waiting for and he along with his wife began to learn Gurmukhi and in days began to do Nitnem. Such a colour coloured him that soon he brought home Sree Guru Granth Saahib. The divnely coloured couple even unfurled the Khalsa's Nishaan Saahib over their home and eagerly began to await Delhi's Dussehra Smaagam. By the time Dussehra Smaagam arrived the devotee's wife became a daily reciter of Sukhmani Saahib.

Waiting, finally Dussehra arrived. The couple along with their two children arrived in Delhi. Doing Gur Gur, this couple was initiated and became the True Guru's naam abhyaasee Khalsas. Upon receiving the Gurmantar, the khanda of naam began to go by itself. Facing the Guru, he with his own eyes saw the Satguru and was fulfilled for life.

" ਭੂਲਾਮਾਰਗਿਸੋਪਵੈਜਿਸੁਧੁਰਿਮਸਤਕਿਲੇਖੰ ॥ ਤਿਨਿਜਨਮੁਸਵਾਰਿਆਆਪਣਾਜਿਨਿਗੁਰੁਅਖੀਦੇਖੰ ॥੧੩॥ " (p. 1099).

After all this, one may wonder, "What a broken and twisted method the Devi used to lead her devotee! Why didn't she just say 'you will get liberation from the door of Guru Nanak?'" This actually is a very big revelation for us: Guru Nanak's name, or God's Naam, or GurbaaNee, or any words/Shabads uttered from the mouths of the Satgurus can only be uttered in Human life form, not after leaving the Human form. Forget meditating on Naam, gods and goddesses, devis and devtas, cannot even say the name of the Satgurus from their mouths. In such a helpless state, what liberation/muktee can they give to anyone? In his own words, Satguru Sachay Paatshaah who is the Master of Muktee in this era " ਮੁਕਤਿਦਾਤਾਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਜੁਗਮਾਹਿ ॥੧॥ " asks the Devi:

" ਤੂਕਹੀਅਤਹੀਆਦਿਭਵਾਨੀ ॥ ਮੁਕਤਿਕੀਬਰੀਆਕਹਾਛਪਾਨੀ ॥੪॥ " (874)

Then, we who are in the Human life form should consider ourselves very lucky that we have come to understand that liberation/muktee can only come form the door of Guru Nanak.

There is no guarantee on life:

" ਹਮਆਦਮੀਹਾਂਇਕਦਮੀਮੁਹਲਤਿਮੁਹਤੁਨਜਾਣਾ ॥ " (660)

Then we should not delay at all. We should go for Amrit and become complete Singhs and then meditate endlessly on Naam, recite BaaNee and then we should achieve what we have taken human life for and return with a glowing face to the court of God. We should become free from births and deaths and " ਤਿਨਿਜਨਮੁਸਵਾਰਿਆਆਪਣਾਜਿਨਿਗੁਰੁਅਖੀਦੇਖੰ ॥੧੩॥ " should be our spiritual state. Otherwise, let it not be that we regret that our short lives have come to an end and we have found ourselves in the situation " ਰੈਣਿਵਿਹਾਣੀਪਛੁਤਾਣੀਉਠਿਚਲੀਗਈਨਿਰਾਸ ॥ " (134).

NOTE: This Singh was a Telegu speaker and dedicated servant of the Goddess. He was peshed in the 1975 Dussehraa Smaagam and received amrit with his family. He was named Bhai Bhajan Singh and his wife was named Bibi Amar Kaur. When they received amrit, it was an amazing sight.

On January 27, 1989, Bhai Bhajan Singh returned to the feet of the Guru. The blood-family of these Gursikhs have cut themselves off from them, knowing them to be Sikhs. The family lives in a rented home but they keep Satguru jee in their home with the utmost respect. The couple, alone, would do RaN Sabaaees. They would not drink so much as a sip of water from their relatives' or friends' homes. They were dealing with a situation where their entire worldly family was on one side and their faith on the other. And then fate struck. May Guru jee keep this family steadfast even after the deadly blow of the loss of the father. These poor people have no other support but the Guru and other Sikhs. There are four children. The elder son and daughter were in the 9th grade and the younger in the 5th when this happened. The mother feels sad sometimes, but the children say "Guru Granth Saahib jee is our Baba jee and Father: Mother, don't worry!"

The family is receiving some pension from the Military and the AKJ also has begun to send some monthly assistance. Satguru jee himself is the sustainer of his children.