The Case for Sikhism

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 11:02 (4468 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 14:58

Please write on the wall for this facebook event, your experience with Sikhism and why the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and Sikhism have all the answers to leading a spiritual and uplifting life.

Recently I saw a Christian evangelical film called “The Case for Faith”: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity.

It struck me how I asked many of the same questions while being brought up as a child in a strict Christian family. Even though I was baptized in "The Church of Christ" and religiously attended church services as a young man, I could never reconcile my faith in God with the doctrines of the Christian church.

After being disillusioned by the Christian church and the hypocritical actions of church ministers and my own father’s divorce from my mother for a younger woman, I started searching for a spiritual path during my time at the University of Oregon; some spiritual practice that would give me the peace I so desperately prayed for. In 1978 I met Yogi Bhajan and although I realize now that his tantric yoga practices are against Sikhism, Yogi Bhajan at least talked sometimes about God and being a Sikh of Guru Sahib. While in Yogi’s 3HO group my faith in Sikhism was somewhat stifled by the corrupt and even illegal activities that Yogi Bhajan had me involved in. I was arrested in India in 2008 and spent time in prison doing allot of soul searching; only by Guru Sahib’s grace he got me out of prison and now I am living happily with my Gursikh wife in Yuba City California where we visit the local Gurdwaras every day to receive Guru Sahib’s darshan and try to live as Gursikhs and keep the company of Gursikhs. My whole life has given me a wonderful experience in coming closer to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and Sikhism’s core belief in one God. The long and the short of it is that I found all my questions answered in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and living the life of a Sikh.
Please write on the wall for this facebook event, your experience with Sikhism and why the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and Sikhism have all the answers to leading a spiritual and uplifting life.

[image]

"Without the support of the One Name, Consider all religious ceremonies superstitions." "Karta (The Creator) and Karim (The beneficient) are the names of the same God.
Razak (The provider) and Rahim (The merciful) are also the names given to Him.
Let no man in his error wrangle over differences in names.
Worship the One God who is the Lord of all. Know that his form is one and He is the One light diffused in all."

"The Khalsa is my own image. I shall always manifest myself in the Khalsa.
The Khalsa is my body and soul; The Khalsa is the life of my life.
The Khalsa is my perfect leader. The Khalsa is my brave friend.
I say nothing untrue and to this; Guru Nanak, united with God, is my witness."
"Why impress false religion on the world? It will be of no service to it.
Why run about for the sake of wealth? You cannot escape from death.
Son, Wife, friends, disciples, companions none of those will bear witness for thee.
Think, O think, you thoughtless fool, you shall have in the end to depart alone." (Swayya 32) Guru Gobind Singh Ji