True Sikhism shows why Yogi Bhajan Tantric Necklaces & yogic stones are anti- Sikh

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Monday, July 09, 2012, 16:01 (4281 days ago)

Be sure to watch my New video on You Tube: "True Sikhism shows why Yogi Bhajan Tantric Necklaces & yogic stones are anti- Sikh" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_eRhogr4Q

I admit wearing anti- Sikh Tantric necklaces & Yogic stones, at Yogi Bhajan 's direction, from 1977-2007. In 2009 after spending almost two years in Amritsar at the Darbar Sahib(Golden Temple), away from the influence of Yogi Bhajan's hand-picked arrogant and corrupt Mukias, I met many knowledgeable and fine Gursikhs who showed me how true Sikhism only involves the devotional contemplation of God's name Not the false tantric doctrines of Yogi Bhajan!

[image]

http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=470

Yogi Bhajan wore huge gemstones for their so called "tantric yogic energy and power". Yogi Bhajan adorned himself with these tantric yogic rings and precious gems for different days of the week. Yogi Bhajan covered up the fact that these days are represented by different Hindu deities and the practice of wearing these yogic rings is really only the Hindu idea of pacifying the various gods and goddesses. Not only this, Yogi Bhajan used astrology and numerology in choosing these yogic rings which is strictly against the Sikh Reht. Yogi Bhajan believed the gemstones had "energy affects" and influenced our destiny, thinking and actions. As Sikhs we are supposed to rely only on the Siri Guru Granth Sahib for support and guidance.

Around the year 2000, Yogi Bhajan tried to personally sell me a yogic ring for several thousand dollars. We were at Hari Jiwan Singh's house in Espanola where HJ keeps a vast collection of gems worth millions of dollars. Yogi Bhajan told me. "You're naked." And he stated I needed a ring with a particular stone to protect me.

Yogi Bhajan's wearing and promoting yogic rings is yet another Hindu practice camouflaged in the sheep's clothing of "Aquarian or New Age spiritual thinking". These things should not be practiced by Sikhs of the Guru. As Sikhs we should rely on the Guru alone for strength as Guru Arjan so beautifully states:
"I have learnt the technique of true Yoga from the divine Guru. The True Guru has revealed this technique with the Light of the divine Word. Within my body He has revealed the Light that pervades all the regions of the earth. To this Light within me I bow and salute every moment. The initiation of the Guru are my Yogic rings and I fix my mind steadfastly on the One Absolute God.i,
A. G. Guru Arjan, Gaudi, p 208

The following is taken from "Sikhism and Tantric Yoga" by Dr. Trilochan Singh.
http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=1

"We quote Yogi Bhajan on Precious Stones and rings, which for him are his status symbol, and for possessing which he expends quite a lot of his energy and ingenuity. He says in Beads, Summer 1972, "Precious stones are not precious because the rich wear them and the poor do not. Rather, they are precious because when cut in the proper way they concentrate sun energy and can transmit to the individual through the skin. Hence most rings are worn on the ring finger. The quality of energy channeled by each stone differs and so does its effect on the individual. Stones also correspond to the planets and serve in mediating the scattered energy which comes from retrograding planets."
I do not know what is the opinion of the Jewelers on these statements but from the point of Sikhism these notions are worthless absurdities.
Yogi Bhajan does not wear the earrings of the Nath Panthi Yogis, but he wears precious gold rings (sometimes two and sometimes three) heavily studded with jewels, and cannot help displaying them ostentatiously, probably as a symbol of wealth acquired through the techniques of Tantric Yoga, which he sacrilegiously identifies with the techniques of Sikh mysticism. Bhai Gurdas, however, makes it clear to all Sikhs of all ages that Yoga asanas and yoga techniques are absolutely useless and unnecessary for Sikh meditations and the spiritual path of Sikhism:
jog jugat gursikh gurs am jhay a
The Guru has himself explained to the Sikhs the technique of true Yoga, and it is this: A Sikh must live in such a moral and spiritual poise that while hoping and waiting he ceases to aspire or crave for low ambitions and remains unconcerned and detached. He should eat little and drink little. He should speak little and never waste time in nonsensical discussion. He should sleep little at night and keep away from the snare of wealth. He should never crave avariciously after wealth and property.
Bhai Gurdas, Var 20 / 15
We still have very eminent scholars and saints who practice and live according to the Essentials of the Sikh Path with utter humility and devotion. They do not wear long robes. They do not wear gold and diamond rings. They do not contaminate Sikh doctrines and practices with practices of creeds and cults which are repulsive to Sikhism and strictly prohibited.

See more about the Yogi Bhajan cult on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gursant-Singh-The-story-of-how-I-became-a-Sikh-in-1981-what-followed/419137811454485