Hindus upset about Yogi Bhajan 's "spurious" Tantric / Kundalini Yoga as many Sikhs are too!

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 12:53 (3963 days ago)

Hindu Swami agrees that Yogi Bhajan 's Tantric / Kundalini Yoga is fake! A Swami Param wrote an article a few months ago for The Coast News titled, "New age yoga: Old age theft and surrender" I wrote this comment and the Swami replied below:

Gursant Singh says:

April 15, 2013 at 1:49 pm
The Sikh religion does not preach to perform yoga asanas or mantras yet Yogi Bhajan and now his followers who call themselves Sikhs practice tantric / kundalini yoga. I don’t think Bhajan’s funny yoga would even qualify as Hindu yoga either. I wish these Bhajan followers would just call themselves Bhajanites and quit giving religion a bad name.

Swami Param says:

April 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Yes, just as concerned Hindus are righfully upset about the complete distortion of the Hindu/Yogic Dharma, we appreciate the feelings of devout Sikhs who realize how spurious is the 3HO Sikh movement under their late so-called “Yogi” Bhajan.
[image]

http://thecoastnews.com/2013/03/new-age-yoga-old-age-theft-and-surrender/

I encourage all who follow Yogi Bhajan & his teachings to exam closely what is really going on with Kundalini Yoga and Yogi Bhajan. For me the 30 years I spent with YB and practicing his tantric Kundalini yoga meant I was under his tantric spell. Only after spending time in India with real Sikhs did I find what the truth was. In my book I explain, "My hope was that I could help others to learn from my experiences; not only those in India, but also those within the 3HO spiritual organization to which I devoted thirty years of my life. India can be fun, entertaining and spiritually inspiring; at the same time it can be harsh and unforgiving, especially if you fall foul of the law, as I did. I spent 30 years in close contact with Yogi Bhajan. Please read and write a critical review on Amazon, I'd love to hear what you think and I think others would too. Best Book About Yogi Bhajan on the Market, January 3, 2013
By Scott Free - This review is from: Confessions of an American Sikh: Locked up in India, corrupt cops & my escape from a "New Age" tantric yoga cult! (Paperback) & (Kindle only 0.99 cents) http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM/ref=zg_bs_158529011_1

Hindu Swami & yoga scholar along with many Sikh historians are alarmed by Yogi Bhajan's "spurious" Tantric / Kundalini Yoga !

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:30 (3962 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

Hindu Swami & yoga scholar along with many Sikh historians are alarmed by Yogi Bhajan's "spurious" Tantric / Kundalini Yoga ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDjzaY6LaHk
[image]

Hindu Swami agrees that Yogi Bhajan 's Tantric / Kundalini Yoga is fake! A Swami Param wrote an article a few months ago for The Coast News titled, "New age yoga: Old age theft and surrender" I wrote this comment and the Swami replied below:

Gursant Singh says:

April 15, 2013 at 1:49 pm
The Sikh religion does not preach to perform yoga asanas or mantras yet Yogi Bhajan and now his followers who call themselves Sikhs practice tantric / kundalini yoga. I don't think Bhajan's funny yoga would even qualify as Hindu yoga either. I wish these Bhajan followers would just call themselves Bhajanites and quit giving religion a bad name.

Swami Param says:

April 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Yes, just as concerned Hindus are righfully upset about the complete distortion of the Hindu/Yogic Dharma, we appreciate the feelings of devout Sikhs who realize how spurious is the 3HO Sikh movement under their late so-called "Yogi" Bhajan.

http://thecoastnews.com/2013/03/new-age-yoga-old-age-theft-and-surrender/

I encourage all who follow Yogi Bhajan & his teachings to exam closely what is really going on with Kundalini Yoga and Yogi Bhajan. For me the 30 years I spent with YB and practicing his tantric Kundalini yoga meant I was under his tantric spell. Only after spending time in India with real Sikhs did I find what the truth was. In my book I explain, "My hope was that I could help others to learn from my experiences; not only those in India, but also those within the 3HO spiritual organization to which I devoted thirty years of my life. India can be fun, entertaining and spiritually inspiring; at the same time it can be harsh and unforgiving, especially if you fall foul of the law, as I did. I spent 30 years in close contact with Yogi Bhajan. Please read and write a critical review on Amazon, I'd love to hear what you think and I think others would too. Best Book About Yogi Bhajan on the Market, January 3, 2013
By Scott Free - This review is from: Confessions of an American Sikh: Locked up in India, corrupt cops & my escape from a "New Age" tantric yoga cult! (Paperback) & (Kindle only 0.99 cents) http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM/ref=zg_bs_158529011_1

Yogi Bhajan 's "spurious" Tantric / Kundalini Yoga guides Bhajan's followers to stoop to new lows using bra-less woman model to profit on Sikh Guru's image placed on T-shirts they are selling!

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 15:12 (3935 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

Yogi Bhajan tantric sex followers stoop to new lows using bra-less woman model to profit on Sikh Guru's image placed on T-shirts! I won't put the image here as it is too disgusting but you can visit the website of the Yogi Bhajan followers who are selling the T-shirts at this link to view the photo.
http://www.kundalink.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3918162

I was at the lecture Yogi Bhajan gave when he introduced his book "The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan" but after spending 30 years with Yogi Bhajan, I finally had enough of Bhajan's corrupted teachings and I left his 3HO cult in 2009. I felt so strongly that the truth needed to be told about YB's womanizing and fraudulent activities that I wrote "Confessions of an American Sikh" which can be purchased on Amazon Books for only .99 cents Please read the following review which will give you insights into the book's content: This review is from: Confessions of an American Sikh: Locked up in India, corrupt cops & my escape from a "New Age" tantric yoga cult! (Paperback) http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM/ref=zg_bs_158529011_2

Best Book About Yogi Bhajan on the Market, January 3, 2013
By Scott Free -
Gursant Singh's recounting of his passage to India and out of a corrupt yoga empire is as enjoyable as it is compelling. This is a story of exploitation -- Gursant's victimization by his fraudulent master, Yogi Bhajan, and his own demoralizing work running scams to prop up the yogi's luxurious lifestyle. It's a quick-paced adventure that describes the ersatz Sikh lifestyle dumped on a clutch of white Americans and the peculiar dangers of the Indian bride trade.
The book revolves around Gursant's quest for a Punjabi marriage partner. His desire to acquire a subservient wife echoes Yogi Bhajan's tantric babble about men and women. If you've endured a Yogi Bhajan "teaching" on sexuality, you'll be dismayed, but not surprised, by his longtime student's view of women. Gursant's role as Bhajan's aide and bodyguard revealed the man his followers refuse to see -- a womanizer and a brute. Yogi Bhajan's round-the-clock use of a dozen female assistants is well-known. Those who question why the self-proclaimed leader of the Sikhs of the Western world required not just a personal harem but an armed security detail will find answers here. Gursant lays out his time among the sleazy operators and criminal hustlers swirling through Yogi Bhajan's Healthy Happy Holy Organization/3HO in some depth -- not enough intricacy for some of us, but doubtless far too much for the old charlatan's remaining devotees.
Fortunately, the book doesn't devolve into a personal Mea Culpa nor does it read like the diary of a starry-eyed seeker. The bizarre mishmash of Eastern aphorisms and yoga postures that Yogi Bhajan concocted made his Sikh Dharma group appealing to a small, lost tribe of the counterculture. Mercifully, Gursant was no hippie and he doesn't write like one. Yet his "Confessions of An American Sikh" makes the case for Sikh Dharma's inclusion as a footnote to '60s experimental spirituality. More importantly, this book is a fascinating look at the seamy side of the Indian marriage business and a frank exploration of life in a destructive, authoritarian group.
Gursant's tone is appealing whether he is describing the filthy interior of a lock-up in Amritsar or his posh daily luncheons with Yogi Bhajan on Rodeo Drive. His growing disillusionment with Bhajan's bogus spin on the Sikh religion comes to a climax while Gursant is trapped in India. He finds himself trying to emerge from two forms of imprisonment -- one physical and the other spiritual. Through it all, Gursant maintains his sense of humor and his innate faith.
This is an absorbing story for any reader. And it's a must-read for those caught up in Yogi Bhajan's 3HO/Sikh Dharma --ex-followers, Second Generation casualties, family members, law enforcement, cult researchers -- and for every Kundalini yoga student or Yogi Tea drinker, past or present.